Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Backyard "hunt"

This morning we had just gotten up when I went out to fix breakfast I noticed a white tail deer out in the horse corral. So I grabbed the 30-06 and rubber boots and headed outside. With the way this pregnancy has been going I knew that I wouldn't be doing any major hunting. So I was 12 feet from the backdoor, and waited for the doe to come out from behind a burn pile. She came out about 80 yards from me in the brush and I took the shot. When I got to the spot that I thought she was I didn't see any blood or anything. I was kind-of bummed. I really thought I had taken a good shot. But then Lucas and the girls got up to the spot where I was and Lucas looked over and was like, "Honey, there's a dead deer right there!" WOW! What a way to wake up in the morning. I didn't think as I crawled out of bed that I would start my day off, not with a cup of coffee, but with shooting a doe! She's the biggest doe I've shot yet. I'm really just building myself up for finally shooting a buck!!


The beauty of Powell in fall.
The beauty of the prairie!


1 comment:

Holly D. said...

Nice! I love how Audrey isn't afraid of getting right in there with the dead game. Love you all! And tell Erin to be nice to her mama!!!!