Friday, June 7, 2013

Last Night!

Last night I got my 8th black bear! What an amazing hunt. It was such an adrenaline rush. The bear came in and then I went for the shot and the bolt action wasn't completely forward and all I got was the "click" when I squeezed off the trigger, but the bear didn't seem to think anything about it. But when I put the action where it needed to be then the bear bugged out! I watched where he went and watch as he paced back and forth between a large tree and thick brush. He was smelling around and I guess he didn't smell me because he came back to the bait and gave me a perfect shot opportunity! He weighed in at 250 lbs. and scored at 6 ft. He was my biggest bear yet! I just love bear hunting!

Look at the head and claws! 

1 comment:

Christine Cohen said...

Wow, way to go Nicola!!