Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthday Camping Trip




On Monday after our trip with the family, Lucas and I went on our own little camping trip. Mom and Dad Swanson watched the girlies so we could have a little time together.
Lucas took me up to the 500 road which is part of the Historic Lolo Trail that the Nez Perce Indians used. Lewis and Clark traveled the road as well. The pictures above was where we rode the ATV to, which was 10.5 miles from where we camped and the lakes below Indian Post Office. We watched a Mule Deer Buck for a while and just enjoyed God's amazing creation and thanking God for the opportunity to enjoy and live here (we were 21 miles from home, but it takes around an hour to get to where we were camping at Cayuse Creek). one of the mountains that we rode past on the ATV

Idaho camping at it's finest! ~ truck, ATV, tent, beer, hot dogs on a stick and fire (which we forgot our axe or paper to start it with so we used a bunch of twigs and died pine needles and the cardboard carrier from our beer) and boy did we have a blaze!


Cayuse Creek was running right beside us
We just sat here for a while listening to the creek and looking at the flowers and throwing rocks. But most of all enjoying each other.

here are the flowers we were looking at



Isn't God Awesome?!

We had 6 Mule does and 1 White Tail doe and a Mule buck walking, eating, grunting, kicking at each other and just hanging around us.

This buck was crazy! He loved our coconut marshmallows (which he ate a couple of)!

He kept licking our cooler and water jug and plates, it was crazy!
Something that doesn't happen at most birthday parties!!
Today (my actual birthday) I woke up thinking, man, I'm 31 and it kind-of bothered me about how old I am getting, but then my wonderful husband wrote me such a kind letter and said, "that it is another year that we have been together and a year closer to a full reunion and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ", which put everything into prospective. It's not the age, it's living my life in light of eternity! And all the wonderful blessings in my life, my husband who loves me and takes care of me, my adorable daughters, family and church that loves and worships God. I'm praying this next year and throughout the rest of my life, that I'll live in light of eternity and what Christ did on the cross for His bride.
I also want to say,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD, I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!

4 comments:

Stef said...

oh, this looks like so much fun! I would love to go camping, just Jase and me. I loved all these pictures!

Charlotte said...

Happy Birthday, Nicola! This looks so beautiful and like so much fun....so happy you and your man were able to get a way just the two of you.

Clattie Skiles said...

Happy Birthday Cola!! Looks like you and Lucas had a wonderful time together...
Miss you, love you...pray that the Lord blesses you with many more birthdays!! xoxo

Erin said...

Cool photos, Cola!!
What a happy birthday!
Beautiful.