Friday, November 12, 2010

Fresh Snow and What I did today!

Today Lucas had the day off so he watched the girls and dropped me off about a half a mile from our house and I went trekking though the snow and found this doe. We played cat and mouse for about 10 minutes, just watching each other. Then when she thought it was safe she turned to her side and I put one shot through her and dropped her. I then carried her on my shoulders for a mile and a half to our house (well, I did drag her for a quarter of the way and then carried her the rest).

I just love this picture of Audrey holding the tail.

What a great day. We drove all but half a mile from the house. What a blessing from God! She'll make great breakfast sausage.

4 comments:

Christine Cohen said...

Way to go Nicola! I'm always impressed by your hunting stories :)

Charlotte said...

Wow Nicola, I am impressed!

Erin said...

On a different note, your hair is long! It is really cute in braids. Love it!

Nicola said...

thanks Erin!