Friday, April 15, 2011

Anniversary Trip - Take 1

For our past anniversary Lucas and I decided to take a trip back east. We haven't taken any long trips away from the girls except over night, so this was a big adventure and a needed break! We went to Virginia and stayed with Jess and Dan for a week and a half. After a bit of a rough start (plane delay in Phoenix for 5 hours which didn't put us into Baltimore until 2:40 am and finally arriving at the Jess & Dan's at 4:30 am), we still had a wonderful time. We had a great visit with Jess and Dan and the family (and my mom who's been there helping Jess out after she broke her back) and sight seeing all over D.C. and Virginia. It was so beautiful and green! We had some really great weather (as I'm posting this it's snowing! Yes, it really is!) while we there. I'm going to be posting in stages, so here I go...
The first day (after sleeping for 5 hours) we went to the Marine Corps Museum with just Dan & Jess. I didn't take very many pictures this trip to the museum, so the first picture was actually from the second time we went, that's why we have different clothes on.





More to come...

1 comment:

Stef said...

how fun! I'm glad you guys got to do this. Sorry to hear about Jess' back :(

We went to DC when I was newly pregnant with Rachel and even though I was sick, sick, sick, I still had a blast seeing all the sights!