Saturday, October 1, 2011

Adrenaline Rush of a Life Time

This past week Lucas and I spent many, many hours and covered many many miles hiking around trying to find a moose for me. It was a lot of hard work as well as really exciting. We heard and saw elk, bear, deer, flying squirrels, grouse and a ton of trees. It taught me a lot about myself and how to persevere when faced with adversity.


Just enjoying the view!

An elk rub that Lucas found. Lucas couldn't even reach the top of the rub. After 5 solid days of hunting and hiking our butts off, our persistence payed off.


At 6:30 September 29, 2011 I shot this beautiful bull moose!


A "little" excited!! I have never had an adrenaline rush like that in all my life. I was hyperventilating and shaking and I couldn't control it. Packing a hind quarter (110 lbs.) to the a spot in the shade, until we came back in with stock. Riding on Tilly the mule. We packed the meat out (about 300 lbs) on a horse and mule, which was wonderful that we didn't have to pack it out on our backs.


It was an amazing, tiring week, but a wonderful experience.

2 comments:

Stef said...

WOW! Look at that smile on your face too :)
Such fun to get away just the two of you and enjoy your loved hobby.

Lauren said...

Oh my! What a wonderful trip with your husband. Congratulations on the moose:)