Thursday, April 9, 2009

Joy in Trials

James tell us in James 1:2-4
"My brethren, count it all joy when your fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

I write this after my dad was diagnosed with throat cancer yesterday. The cancer was only found in the throat and in a couple of his lymph nodes, so the doctors are not talking surgery at this point. Right now we don't know a lot yet. He hasn't seen an oncologist yet, so we're just waiting to hear what the next step is. But it looks like he'll be starting with radiation and possibly cemo. When I talked to my dad yesterday, he was his funny joking self and just made me laugh.

We know that our God is sovereignly in control and that nothing comes to us apart from His loving hands and that none of this is a surprise to Him. I would just ask that you all would pray for complete healing for dad (Dale) if that is our loving Heavenly Father's will. Tomorrow being Good Friday and know that what our Savior went through, please pray for strength for us in the coming days.

5 comments:

Christine Cohen said...

We're keeping you all in our prayers, Nicola. We miss you guys.
Christine

Trisha said...

I will pray - this is tough news - my heart is with you all!

Stef said...

I love the verse you put at the top. James is my all time favorite book for these very reasons. Touches in every area of life. You guys are in our prayers - especially your Dad.
We love you and know that God loves and cares more than we ever could. That's encouraging!

Keep us up to date, please!

Erin said...

Cola - I am praying for you guys! We love you & your dad!!!

kristen said...

We're praying for you guys and your dad, Cola. We love you and know that the Lord will provide you with the grace to get through this trial in your lives.