Saturday, October 2, 2010

Tri-Cities Vacation

Sunset on Saturday the day we arrived

After the volleyball accident and going to the quick-care office. Thus the lounging around began!

Sunrise in the boat on Monday when the men were Salmon fishing

catch of the day! Can you guess what we had for dinner that night? Salmon (which I'm allergic to). Everyone else really enjoyed dinner, though I'm not to sure if Cora really likes Salmon, but Audrey really enjoyed it.

the men and Cora
Audrey and Klara playing in the playhouse. Audrey got her shirt all wet, so she took it off and this is what she played like for the rest of the evening. Our little ragamuffin

All the Swanson cousins take a bath!

Monday I couldn't just sit around so I made this amazing Up-side Down Pear and Apple Pecan Cake. It had a bourbon sugar glaze on the pecans and it was so delightful!

the kiddos enjoying it!
We had a great trip! It's wonderful when the girls get to see their cousins and Papa and Bama (Audrey's name for Grandma) and their uncles and aunts. We always eat good, have great fellowship and fun! I'm looking forward to the next time we're going (Lord willing) Thanksgiving. Maybe I'll be more help next time!!

4 comments:

Holly D. said...

I like the fishing picture...and how Lucas is the only one tht got two fish! ;) You look beautiful!

Nicola said...

Thanks Holly!

Stef said...

Sorry about your accident, Cola. I hope you're feeling better.
You do look beautiful and you have gorgeous hair!
Loved the pics - the kids are super cute.

Erin said...

Fun times!
I love the name Klara. How adorable.